Thursday, March 24, 2022

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ is coming. TSMC beats Samsung

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 did not have time to warm up on the market, and Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ is already headed for it. Your flagship smartphone is not about to be the most powerful on the market.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ is expected to debut in May. Will it change anything?
At the beginning of May, a new, flagship Qualcomm chip for mobile devices is expected to hit the market. Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ will replace the well-worn, almost six-month-old Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. With such an experience, he is finally a real pensioner ...



How are the two systems different? The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is manufactured by Samsung in a 4nm process. The variant with Plus is the production of TSMC, made in the same technological process.

What does this mean for the user? A bit more benchmark points, because TSMC production is supposed to be more efficient. In everyday use, we will not see it anyway. As is usually the case when switching to a Plus system. But in this situation it is all about the production itself and the change is good for Qualcomm.

Samsung lost to TSMC. The production of new Snapdragon is not going well
The main reason for a chip manufacturer change is the rate of return. This in the case of Samsung and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is 35%. This means that only 35% of the systems produced are fit for use. The remaining 65% goes to the basket. This is a powerful result.

In the case of TSMC, the rate of return is as high as 70%, so the difference is colossal. So for Qualcomm, the choice is obvious. TMSC will produce not only Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+, but also Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. Thus, Samsung is losing a very large customer.

Coming back to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ for a moment, we will first see it on smartphones from Lenovo, Motorola, OnePlus and Xiaomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung has unveiled a 200 megapixel camera of the second generation

 Samsung  hasn't even put its 200 megapixel first-generation camera in a phone yet. It is ISOCELL HP3, and it is very different from ISO...